What is boron-nitride?
Boron Nitride is a crystal made of nitrogen atoms, boron atoms. The chemical composition of Boron nitride is 43.6% Boron and 56.4% Nitrogen. There are four types: hexagonal boron Nitride, rhombohedral Borion Nitride (RBN), cubic boren nitride [CBN], and wurtzite Boron (WBN).
The development of boron-nitride
More than 100 years have passed since its invention. It was used in high-temperature lubricants as a hexagonal boron nutride. It is also very similar in structure and properties to graphite. This is why it is commonly known as white graphite.
Boron Nitride (BN) ceramics was first discovered in 1842. Since the Second World War, a lot has been done abroad on BN materials. It was not developed until 1955 after the BN hot-press method was invented. American Diamond Company, Union Carbon Company were the first companies to start production. In 1960, they had more than 10 tons.
R*H*Wentrof produced CBN in 1957. General Electric Company sold Borazon as a product in 1969. In 1973, the United States launched the production of CBN-tools.
Japan imported technology and CBN tools from the United States in 1975.
1979 saw the introduction of the pulsed Plasma technology, which was used for the first time to create a collapsed cBN film at low temperature.
To prepare cBN films, people were able use several methods of chemical vapor deposit (CVD), as well as physical vapor vapor (PVD), at the end the 1990s.
China sees development as a leap and bounds. The initial research on BN powder started in 1963. It was then developed successfully in 1966. In 1967 it was made into a product that is used in my country’s industry as well as cutting-edge technology.
The chemical and physical properties boron nitride
CBN crystals are usually dark brown or red with a zinc mix structure and good thermal conductivity. CBN is hardier than diamond and is used in a variety of applications, including as abrasives and tool materials.
Boron Nitride is chemically inert and can be corroded by water and organic acids. The hot concentrated alkali breaks the boron/nitrogen bond. Above 1200 it will begin to oxidize. It starts to decompose around 2700degC in a vacuum. It is slightly soluable in hot acid but insoluble when dissolved in cold water. The relative density is 2.29. The compressive strength is 170 MPa. The maximum operating temperature in an oxidizing environment is 900°C, while it can reach 2800°C under an inactive reducing environment. However, the lubrication performance at room temperature is poor. The majority of boron-nitride’s properties are better than those of carbon materials. Hexagonal Boron Nitride has a low friction coefficient and good high-temperature stability. It also has high strength, high thermal conductivity and low expansion coefficient. It can also resist corrosion.
Hexagonal graphite boron nuitride crystals are the most common, but there are also other forms such as cubic rhombohedral and cubic boron.
(c-BN), wurtzite type boron nitride (w-BN). Even graphene-like two-dimensional boron nutride crystals were discovered by people.
Boron Nitride is used
1. Metal forming mold release agents and metal wire-drawing lubricant.
2. Special electrolytic and resistant materials for high temperatures
3. Extrusion antiwear additives, high-temperature liquid lubricants, additives to the production of ceramic composite material, and antioxidation additives are all suitable for situations that resist corrosion of molten metallics, heat-increasing and high temperature insulating materials.
4. Heat-sealing desiccant to be used in transistors and as an additive for polymers, such as plastic resins.
5. Pressed into a variety of boron Nitride products. They can be used for insulation, heat dissipation, high temperature, pressure, and high temperature.
6. Aerospace thermal shielding materials
7. After high temperature and high pressure treatment, the catalyst can convert it into cubic boron nutride with diamond-like hardness.
8. The structural materials used in the atomic bomb.
9. Nozzles for rocket engines and planes.
10. Insulator for plasma arc, high-voltage and frequency electricity
11. Packaging materials that prevent neutron radiation
12. The superhard materials made by boron Nitride can be turned into high-speed cutters, drill bits and other tools for exploration and drilling.
13. It is used in metallurgy to make the isolating circle of continuous cast steel, the laundering of amorphous metal, and the release agent for continuous-cast aluminum (various optical glasses release agents).
14. Production of evaporation vessels for aluminum plating various capacitor films, aluminum plate of picture tubes, aluminum plating, etc.
15. All kinds of aluminum-plated fresh-keeping packaging bags,
16. All types of laser anti-counterfeiting aluminiu plating, brand heat stamping materials and all kinds of cigarette, beer, packaging, and cigarette packaging box options, etc.
17. Lipstick filler in cosmetics is safe, non-toxic and shiny.
(aka. Technology Co. Ltd. (aka. Our Boron Nitride has high purity, fine particle sizes, and low levels of impurities. Please
Please contact us