What’s iron Boride?
Iron boride has a molecular formula of BFe with a molecular mass 66.656. This is a gray orthogonal crystal. But it also can be insoluble in liquid water. You can use it as a chemical agent, or as a catalyst to hydrohydrogenation. Two main types of iron Boride exist. One form has high magnetic and electrical conductivity as well as corrosion resistance. While the other is used for hardening iron, it can also be used in a coating. Iron Boride is a ceramic-hardening iron boride, which also has the electrical conductivity and thermal conductivity of metallic metals. Excellent mechanical properties and friction resistance make iron boride a great coating.
Boron iron alloy
While iron is mostly composed of boron and steel, it can also contain impurities including aluminum, silica, carbon, manganese and even copper. The iron boride is an iron additive used in iron and steel production, including cast iron, magnetic materials, and amorphous alloys. Non-toxic, odorless and non-irritating are the main properties of iron Boride. They also have good heat resistance and thermal stability, excellent dispersion, weather resistance and obvious sterilization against harmful bacteria.
By thermochemical reaction, iron boride can be formed on its surface as a mixture from boron-rich substances. This is known as boronization. A variety of methods can be used to create a boride layer, such as filling boronizing and gas boronizing. The most common type of boride coating is carbon tetraboride, or crystalline Boron. It is created by sintering iron in a tetrafluoroboric acids flux. In the range 1023-1373 K, Boron atoms are capable of absorbing into the iron matrix. By simply reacting iron, boron and heat in an inert gas furnace/microwave, bulk iron boride is possible.
Boronization can often be used for wear resistance. It also helps to prevent corrosion, wear resistance, and oxidation. You can use it in many industries, including oil and natural gas refining and chemical extraction. The unique characteristics of iron-based coatings, such as their resistance to corrosion and mechanical friction, have attracted a lot attention within the industry. Iron-based materials can be produced economically using a variety of thermal processes and they’re easy to make and process.
Use of iron Boride
1. This light stabilizer is often used in sunscreen plastics. It can be found in sporting goods, outdoors facilities and textiles. It’s also used frequently in photovoltaic and solar power conversion.
2. This can be used to enhance the adhesion of inks, paints, and textiles.
3. It’s used by the paper industry for improving the printability of the papers.
4. This can increase the strength and anti-aging capabilities of plastics, rubber, and functional fiber products. It also maintains the product’s color gloss and extends the product’s service life.
5. The material has very good transparency, strong UV shielding and virtually no scattering effects on incident visible light. This material is new and has been extensively used in cosmetics, paints, as well as paints.
Luoyang Trunnano Tech Co., Ltd. is a skilled manufacturer of Iron Boride. It has over 12 years of experience in chemical product research and development. Send us an inquiry if you’re looking for iron boride of high quality.