If you are looking for high-quality products, please feel free to contact us and send an inquiry, email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Introduction to Manganese Dioxide, MnO2 powder
Also known as black manganese oxide or manganese peroxide, it is also known. It is the oxide tetravalent mannese. MnO2 is the chemical formula. MnO2 has a chemical formula. Its fHm (298K), is -520.71kJ/mol. Its melting point is 847. Its density is 5.026g/cm3. Natural MnO2 is found in pyrolusite. It is either a black rhombic crystal, or a black-brown dust. It has a tetrahedral, which is amphoteric Manganese oxide. It is insoluble when dissolved in water and in nitric acid. However, it releases oxygen and forms manganese oxide in hot concentrated sulfuric acids. It is fused to caustic soda and oxidant to give off carbon dioxide, which forms permanganate. Manganese dioxide can cause combustion or explosions by friction or coheating with organic matter, sulfur, or other oxidable substances, such as sulfide or phosphide. It is easily reduced by strong oxidants, such as hydrogen peroxide. MnO2 can be converted to Mn2O3 by heating it above 480 in the air and Mn3O4 after being heated above 9000. It is widely used for steelmaking, glass, ceramics etc.
It can be found in the forms of pyrolusite, hard manganese ore and other natural forms. You can extract it from pyrolusite. It can also be prepared by heating manganese nitrate salt or electrolytic manganese dioxide salt. g -Mno2 has an active component and can be used for cathodes in batteries to prevent polarization. Manganese dioxide can also be used to remove rust, oxidize, dry battery drying agent and paint drying agent. This is also used in manganese salt production and the glass industry.
Manganese Dioxide MnO2 powder – Physical Properties
Oxygen atoms are located at the corner of the Octahedron, and manganese is in the octahedron. Octahedrons can be linked to form single chains or double chains. This creates a tunnel structure in the gap, hexagonal dense, or square dense accumulation.
Manganese dioxide is an organic non-salt, non-amphoteric and non-salt-reactive oxide that doesn’t react with acids or bases. The presence of reducing agent can cause oxidizing. To make manganese oxide, you can heat hydrogen flow heating to 1400K. To produce brown and black manganese oxide, manganese dioxide is heated with ammonia gas stream. Concentrated hydrochloric acid is used to react manganese dioxide with chlorine gas and water.
It can also display a strong oxidant presence.
. When the manganese dioxide and potassium carbonate melt together, people can get dark-green melt. After melting it in water cooling, they can get six valences manganese compound potassium magnate. It is an oxidant that can be used in acidic mediums. Although it does not burn, it is strong oxidant and can be used in an acid medium to aid combustion.
|Manganese Dioxide MnO2 Powder Properties|
|Other Names||manganese oxide, MnO2 powder|
|Solubility of H2O||Insoluble|
Applications of Manganese Dioxide, MnO2 powder
1. Manganese dioxide is an excellent decolorizing agent for the glass industry. It can oxidize low iron salt to high ferric sodium, making the blue-green glass weaker.
2. It is used in electronic manufacturing to produce magnetic materials made of manganese, zinc ferrite and other metals.
3. This is used in the manufacture of iron and manganese alloys and as a heating agent for the casting industry.
4. Gas masks that absorb carbon monoxide.
5. It is used in the chemical sector as an oxidant or catalyst for organic synthesizing, paint, and ink dericcant.
6. It is used as an accelerant in the match industry, as well as as a raw ingredient for glaze medicine for ceramics, enamel, manganese salt.
7. It is used for dyeing, water purification and iron removal.
8. An excellent depolarizing agent for batteries is electrolytic manganese oxide. It has a higher discharge capacity than the dry battery made from natural discharge manganese dioxide and a shorter life span. This makes electrolytic manganese a valuable raw material in the battery industry.
9. Because of its strong catalytic and oxidation/reduction, Ion Exchange, and Adsorption capacities, it makes a great water purification filter material. It is more effective at removing and decolorizing metals than activated carbon and zeolite.
Main supplier of Manganese Dioxide, MnO2 powder
Technology Co. Ltd. is a trusted global supplier of chemical material and manufacturer. They have over 12 years experience in producing super-high-quality chemicals, Nanomaterials, such as silicon powder.
High-quality products are what you want
manganese dioxide MnO2 powder
Please feel free and contact us to send an inquiry. (email@example.com)