The molar mass of magnesium Nitride is 100.95g/mol. Its density of 2.712g/cm3 is Magnesium-nitride can be completely dissolved into acid and water but is partially dissolved when it is mixed with ether and alcohol.
Magnesium Nitride has a melting temperature of 1500 degrees. Magnesium Nitride, like other metal nitrides reacts with the water to make ammonia. Used as a catalyst. Use acidic or aqueous nonmetallic compounds to react to create ammonium salts.
Magnesium oxide is a ceramic substance in nature. Magnesium nutride has high resistance to corrosion, which greatly increases production efficiency. Magnesium-nitride has high thermal conductivity as well as high temperature and corrosion resistance. Magnesium-nitride is also important because it can be used as a catalyst to synthesize boron nitrogen.
What does Magnesium Nitride do?
1. This is used to create nitrides of other elements with high hardness and high thermal conductivity. It also provides corrosion resistance, wear resistance, and high temperature resistance. Magnesium nitride was the catalyst in the first successful synthesis for cubic boron nutride.
2. This is used for high strength steel additives. Magnesium trioxide (Mg3N2) replaces the desulphurized magnesia in construction steel smelting. It is useful to increase steel’s density, strength and tension. Additionally, magnesium nitride (Mg3N2) can be used to reduce the number of additives which helps reduce the cost of production steel.
3. Special ceramic materials can be prepared using this method
4. To make special alloy foaming agents
5. Special glass is made
6. Catalytic polymer crosslinking
7. This is for the recycling of nuclear waste
How to Make Magnesium Nitride.
Presently, the most common preparation methods for magnesium nitride consist of direct reaction method with magnesium powder, reaction method with magnesium with nitrogen in plasma flow, magnesium coil blast method in nitrogen atmosphere and low pressure chemical gases complementary product method.
G. Soto et.al. Pulse laser deposition allowed for the preparation of amorphous magnesium oxide films with different Mg/N ratios. These methods are difficult to industrialize because they require long processes and high yields.
While direct magnesium powder-nitrogen reaction has industrial value, it is more difficult and requires longer reaction times and higher temperatures. The shape of magnesium nitride particles is also less precise and easier to agglomerate. This makes it not suitable for industrial quality. N2 and N3 can be broken down into N- more quickly than N2. The decomposed H2 can also inhibit the formation MgO so ammonia gas may be used to provide the nitrogen source. Chen Faqin et al. Liquid ammonia was used as a nitrogen source to prepare magnesium Nitride Powder by direct nitriding magnesium powder. We can draw the following conclusions: Thermodynamic analysis shows that liquid ammonia reacts more with magnesium powder than nitrogen to produce magnesium nitride. Magnesium nitride powder of high quality and uniform particles can be prepared at 600°C in ammonia atmospheric for 1h. Next, heat to 800°C with an ammonia flow rate equal to 500 ml/min. Finally, nitriding time is 1h.
Magnesium Nitride Magnesium Nitride Mg3N2 Pulver Supplier
Technology Co. Ltd. is a trusted global supplier and manufacturer of chemical materials. We have more than 12 years experience in producing super-high-quality chemicals.
You can contact us to request high-quality HTML3N2 Powder. (email@example.com)