Introduction to Amorphous Boon
Amorphous Boron is also known as monolithic boron and elemental boron. It is either a gray shiny crystal, or a full-color powder. It is stable in both air and at room temperature. Once heated to 300degC it will oxidize at 700degC and be ignited. The flame becomes red upon burning and the flame of boron with trace vaporization turns green. Insoluble in water and hydrochloric acid. It can also be dissolved in ethanol, ether, and ether. It can be dissolvable in cold concentrated acid solution and decompose hydrogen.
Properties of Amorphous Boron
It reacts at high temperatures with oxygen, nitrogen sulfur, halogen and carbon. It can also be combined with other metals to make borides. The reaction of amorphous Boron with organic compounds leads to the direct synthesis or presence of oxygen between carbon and boron. Boron monomer separates elements into different positions in the boundary colors of metal and nonmetal in a periodic table. It is either a grey shiny crystal or a colored powder that has a lot of chemical activity.
How is Amorphous Boron Powder manufactured?
You can obtain pure boron powder using two methods: via-gas, and magnesiothermic. The first method uses hydrogen gas (BCl3) to reduce gaseous sodium borontrichloride (BCl3). The latter uses heat and magnesiothermic reaction (B2O3) in order to reduce boron trioxide (3B2O3) to elemental.
Amorphous boron has two main uses
1. An application of amorphous Boron to the ignition electrode can be made in the electronics sector.
2. Amorphous boron is a good catalyst for medicine, the ceramic industry and organic synthesis.
3. Amorphous boron is a good neutron absorber or counter for nuclear reactors.
4. For automobiles, you can use amorphous boren as a safe catalyst gas.
5. To synthesize high-purity, boron-containing compounds, you can use amorphous Boron.
6. For solid rocket thrusters, you can use amorphous Boron.
7. To smelt special alloys of steel, you can use amorphous Boron.
8. Amorphous boron can be used as a raw material to make boron-halide of high purity.
9. Amorphous Boron is the raw material used to produce borane, and other borides. Borane can also be used in rockets or missiles as a high energy fuel.
10. Amorphous boron is used as a protection material in the Atom Energy Industry to produce boron Steel for Atomic Energy Reactors.
11. Amorphous Boron is the raw material to make boron fiber.
12. Amorphousboron is used in semiconductors and electrons. It is carbonized at 2300°C and then used as the cathode for the ignition core in an ignition tube. It can also be used to make high-quality cathode material, lanthanum bore.
13. Firework industry can use amorphous Boron.
14. Amorphous Boron can be used in molten Copper as a gas scavenger.
(aka. Technology Co. Ltd. (aka. Our Amorphous Boron is high in purity, fine particle size, and low in impurities. Please
Please contact us